Wednesday, July 7, 2010

1.M.R. My Training Partner

The weights are stacked, my iPod loaded, water jug filled and 1.M.R. downed. It is the best part of the day. The part that is the reason I go to bed early and plan out every meal. It is time to train.

Walking through those doors, the Earth seems to take a new spin. No more do worries from the day linger in my head. No longer is there doubt or wonder. When I walk through those doors there is only one question: How much can I lift today?

I love this part of my day. I love the internal contest that endless tries to pin down my ability. The battle between my alter egos: the lifter and the competitor. It doesn't matter how much I can lift at a show. It matters what I look like, and sometimes lifting heavy doesn't help my physique, but it just feels so good.

I don't train alone; I have my 1.M.R. to push me. This supplement has helped me out more than once. I call it my training partner. Training solo, it is easy to skimp on sets/reps, but with 1.M.R. you really do push out one more rep. One more rep is one closer to the next goal. It is the difference between staying for cardio and going home so 'I don't miss The Bachelorette' cause it's better in real time?!

Finding motivation is hard a lot of days. Work is long and life is demanding, but I have found a supplement that offers me pick up without over stimulating me or leaving me out to dry. It isn't often I write about a particular supplement, but it isn't often I find one that helps me so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment